Facebook Timeline For Brands
It has been announced by Facebook that Timeline for Brands will be rolling out on March 30th which will bring about some exciting changes for businesses.
You can’t beat pictures to show you what it could look like so check it out here for other examples – just to get you thinking of what you could do ….
The cover photo can be especially powerful for its ability to display logos, products or personalities. The timeline itself showcases brands’ unique stories and identities. Facebook is also introducing some handy new admin capabilities, including the ability to sticky selected pieces of content for seven days – this is a very powerful feature!
However there are some rules you need to adhere to regarding your business timeline splash page
Here’s a quick list of what you cannot include in your cover photo:
- Your cover photo should not be mostly Text-Based or infringe on anyone else’s copyright
- Pricing and purchase information such as ‘today only 50% off” or “Print this coupon from our website”
- Contact details, such has email address, website address, or location which is intended to be used in the about section of your Fan Page
- The incentive to have users share or like your post or page, contest, promotion, or any other Facebook features.
- Call’s to action, such as “Download now” and “Call Today”
The only downside we can see right now is that there is no longer a landing page tab as it is now displayed as an “app” on your pag. However the welcome page and tab still exists but you just can’t land on it – you just see it displayed in a different way. Here’s what Facebook say about this change
We’ve just updated our Six Figure Mentors Page and you can view it here.
Don’t worry, you have until 30th March to get your page in shape and it really is easy – it took just a few moments to do our TV Show Page.
The 7 Crucial Things About Timeline for Facebook Pages
Get The Facebook Pages Guide Here
If you don’t already have a business page / fan page then this is a perfect time to get one and build your business presence online.
Would love to know what you think